Motor vehicle licensing is the most widely used service of the County Clerk’s office. The motor vehicle services are described below. Various motor vehicle forms can be downloaded from this website for your convenience.
Additional information may be found at drive.ky.gov.
BUYER BEWARE! – TITLE AND SERIAL NUMBER CHECK Before purchasing any motor vehicle, make certain that the current owner can provide a valid title for the vehicle. Be sure to verify that the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) matches the number reflected on the title. This number is typically located on the dashboard on the driver’s side and is usually visible through the windshield. If these numbers do not match, insist that the discrepancy be corrected or do not complete the transaction.
• Affidavit for Replacement/Non-Exchange (Form: TC 96-167)
• Affidavit of Incomplete Transfer
• Affidavit of Total Consideration Given for a Motor Vehicle (Form: 71A100)
• Application for Disabled Persons Special Parking Permit (Form: TC 96-204)
• Boat Transfer Form (BTR) (Form: TC 96-184)
• Exempt Transfer Affidavit (Form: 71A245)
• Motor Vehicle Usage Tax Multi-Purpose Form (Form: 71A101)
• Vehicle Transfer Form (VTR) (Form: TC 96-182)
• Title Lien Statement (Form: TC 96-187E)
Forms must be completed and mailed or brought in person to:
Mercer County Clerk
P.O. Box 426
Harrodsburg, KY 40330
Forms cannot be e-mailed or faxed as they must contain the original signature.